Innovative and dedicated software engineer with more than 15 years experience, working for both start-up and blue-chip multi-national companies. Equally at home in front of a customer or a compiler, and recognized for excellent productivity combined with strong technical and team working skills.
2013 - Present
- Drove adoption of a new roadmap planning process designed to achieve consensus across all levels of the business. The new process has been successfully rolled out across all business groups.
- Held technical briefings for key customers, trade events, and major prospects across the world. These briefings were essential to retaining existing customers and attracting new ones.
- Worked with OEM partners on the definition, customisation, and delivery of new products with expected revenue of >$1MM per annum.
- Defined a summer internship project to develop new sales tools, and provided mentoring and technical management throughout the intern period.
2010 - 2013
- Designed and developed a significant update to the Control Center mapping interface. The combination of dynamically scalable maps and operational data provides a uniquely intuitive interface to large scale security systems.
- Redesigned the product download page to improve the usability, increase end user downloads, and allow new releases be deployed to the website without requiring support from the website management team.
- Responsible for overall system architecture as well as process, coding, and technical standards. The transition from waterfall to an agile development process was the largest project; improving responsiveness, quality, and consistency.
- Received an “Extra Mile Award” for excellence in technical leadership and mentoring of the team.
2005 - 2010
Senior Software Engineer
- Redesigned the alarm video display functionality to improve alarm response times and operational awareness. The flexible architecture has proved easy to extend and maintain.
- Worked with major customers to deliver critical performance, scalability, and architectural improvements to the proprietary database.
- Drove adoption of new tools and technologies that improved productivity and quality, including the Boost C++ library, and CruiseControl.net.
2004 - 2005
Contract Software Engineer
Teradyne Diagnostic Solutions (3 Contracts)
- Designed and developed the user interface and application control layers for a next generation vehicle test appliance.
- A powerful and flexible data-driven framework allowed all project milestones to be completed on or ahead of time despite frequent requirement changes.
2002 - 2004
Senior Software Engineer
- Proposed and negotiated agreement for a challenging and unique product that has proved to be an excellent match to customer needs, generating multi-million USDs revenue per quarter.
- Responsible for the design and development of an advanced Windows graphical user interface.
- Received awards for patent applications related to inventions made during the design and development of this product.
2001 - 2002
Business Development Engineer
- Carried out presentations and technical demonstrations to customers in Europe, North America, South America, and India.
1997 - 2001
Agilent Technologies previously Hewlett Packard, Libra Syscom
- Developed a graphical statistics display module, and a test configuration and control architecture, both in Visual C++.
External Training Courses
- Leadership Development Course, The Leadership Trust.
- Building Market Focused Organisations, The MFL Group.
- CSS/Network Operations & Maintenance, Telcordia Technologies.